Supporting our children to be the best that they can be in all areas.
Pupil Premium, Recovery and Primary Sports Funding
Pupil Premium Grant (PPG):
The Pupil Premium Grant (PPG) is an allocation of additional funding provided to schools to support specific groups of children who are vulnerable to possible underachievement. These include pupils who are entitled to free school meals (FSM), those looked after by the local authority and children of armed service personnel. The intended impact of this funding is to accelerate progress and raise attainment. Many eligible children will not need additional support. The school adopts the same approach with eligible children as with any other child found to be at risk of falling behind.
It is for individual schools to decide how the Pupil Premium Grant is spent since they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils within their setting.
Please read related documentation which provides further information about our current Pupil Premium Grant allocation and how the funding is spent.
Primary Sports Funding (PSF):
We receive approximately £16,500 of funding each year from the DfE to improve levels of physical activity and quality of sports provision in school. With this funding, we have:
- Employed highly skilled sports coaches to deliver PE in all Key Stages so that school staff can develop their own expertise in terms of delivery and assessment of the PE curriculum.
- Employed highly skilled sports coaches to deliver sport-based after school clubs that are accessible to all.
- Employed an additional qualified swimming instructor to enable small group teaching for this aspect of the PE curriculum.
- Funding has been used to provide a wide range of high quality CPD and has enabled the purchase of long-term resources, ensuring long-term sustainability of high quality provision.
- Contributed to the development and provision of Forest School for all children to increase physical activity.
Impact of this spending is monitored annually by Governors – please see related documentation for further information.